Event Horizon 7.0

Event Horizon
Mikey
DJ Mikey

Event Horizon 7.0

Post by Mikey »

Just wondering what was planned for 7.0 .
Paul
Da Man

Post by Paul »

I want to overhaul the controls/preferences... I've been meaning to do that for awhile, but I haven't quite figured out how yet :D

Also, the new landing scheme of running into a planet to land on it.

An additional sound track, of course :D... possibly joystick support.

But 0.6.10 is gonna have to come first... mostly just bringing full support for Intel. It has a lot of endian issues... the keys didn't work, the old models didn't work (I wrote a program to convert them to OBJ :D), stuff like that. Hopefully I'll get that finished up in the next couple weeks.

Oh, and all of Bill Ding's work expanding the universe!
Differentiation is an integral part of calculus.
Mikey
DJ Mikey

Post by Mikey »

cool!

Sounds good :)
Paul
Da Man

Post by Paul »

Oh, and just to clarify... that's 0.7, not 7.0 :D
Mike73
Shipmaster

Post by Mike73 »

7.0 is the release that features an advanced neural connection holographic interface 8)
Mikey
DJ Mikey

Post by Mikey »

lol oh yea, quite right.

dacresni

Post by dacresni »

I can see why this game takes so long to develop, you can't just get a class diagram in cocoa cause all the objects are related sevierly
Paul
Da Man

Post by Paul »

Well, that's not really the issue for me. It's more a question of coming up with algorithms. Once I get the proper behavior determined, I can generally put it in pretty easily.

It's taking so long now, though, because I'm taking classes again while working full time, so I don't have much free time. :?
Yoda Almighty

Post by Yoda Almighty »

how would you go about implementing landing pictures? (like in EV) is it something that would be insanely hard to do, or something that you can do fairly easily once you have the ouctures? (don't worry, I can make them for you ;))
Paul
Da Man

Post by Paul »

You mean like the picture of once you've landed showing some of the local scenery? That would be pretty simple to implement. The reason I did the spinning globe instead is because I already had to have that for the main part, and I can't do scenery. :) The thing is if only some of the planets are pictures and some are globes, it would looking kind of funny. But if you want to work out some demos, that would be cool, and we can figure something out.
Yoda Almighty

Post by Yoda Almighty »

I can make the images for you. I will have to download Terragen again. (Terragen 2 takes too bloody long)

here is a pic I made before, with Terragen 1.
when has a developer ever needed any other reason than "it looks bloody awesome?"
Yoda Almighty

Post by Yoda Almighty »

I can make the images for you. I will have to download Terragen again. (Terragen 2 takes too bloody long)

here is a pic I made before, with Terragen 1.
Image[/img]
when has a developer ever needed any other reason than "it looks bloody awesome?"
Paul
Da Man

Post by Paul »

Oh, nice! I remember playing with TerraGen a long time ago... I'd completely forgotten about that.
Yoda Almighty

Post by Yoda Almighty »

the Terragen 2 technology preview is out now, and it's AMAZING! but on my computer, the render takes hours! (12+)
rharder

Post by rharder »

Some months later...

I never heard of terragen. Looks great. Let's see where it's at now...

-Rob