New Release

Event Horizon
Paul
Da Man

New Release

Post by Paul »

I've put a new release out... it's the same code base, but using a Universal build (courtesy of Alastair) instead of the tedious manual process I was doing. So anyway, check it out and see what bugs you find. http://www.viscerallogic.com/event_hori ... 0.6.10.zip

I've already discovered that the key bindings are not quite right on Intel... in the setup for player "Paul" pressing the N key brings up the main menu, while ESC does not, which is not supposed to happen.
Differentiation is an integral part of calculus.
Technomancer

Post by Technomancer »

Just two things I noticed as I went into this release:

1: The key binding presets are, as you have noted, messed up.
Here is an image of a temporary character on my intel with no changes made to his controls:

2: The buttons in game are blank. That is to say, no text appears on them. The following image shows an example of this, as well as another look at the control scheme (note: this image was dramatically resized, so if there isn't enough detail in it, let me know, I can take another screenshot):

If it helps at all:
I'm using an Intel based iMac, with model identifier iMac7,1
2.4 GHz processor
3 GB DDR2 SDRAM Memory, 667MHz speed
ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro graphics card.
Paul
Da Man

Post by Paul »

Interesting... it's probably the "N/A"s that are causing the problem. Not sure why the text doesn't show in the buttons, though. I may have to go pure graphical with them :?

Thanks for the post, I will check this out!
Paul
Da Man

Post by Paul »

Well, I found out the problem with the default key bindings. I was using the PPC key codes for both versions! That's fixed now. Still don't know about the button text, though...
<eRiC>

Post by <eRiC> »

saw the fix on mgf :)
I was Appleide.
Paul
Da Man

Post by Paul »

Heh, yeah, I wasn't actually going to release it, but figured people were probably downloading it not knowing it wouldn't work :P .

So I guess I might as well post the link here, too: http://www.viscerallogic.com/event_hori ... est.tar.gz
Paul
Da Man

Post by Paul »

It seems you can't make universal binaries compatible with 10.2-10.3 from 10.5... so I'm going to have to go back to 10.4 for my build process. :(